HANDY HINTS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR PEST TREATMENT
• We will require access to the man hole. It you have stored items limiting access please ensure the
items are moved before treatment.
• Have all children’s toys, clothes etc off the floor to allow us access to skirting boards where possible.
There is no need to move large furniture items like beds, bookcases or TV units.
• There is no need to remove items from Kitchen cupboards. We mainly use a gel to control
cockroaches unless there is a severe infestation, in which case we will recommend further treatments.
• Please be cautious of slippery floors during and after treatment.
• Please close all external windows and doors. This prevents spray drift coming indoors.
• Ensure there is no washing on the clothes line. We will spray the clothes line for spiders. You may
hang washing out 30 minutes after treatment.
• Remain indoors during treatment and avoid entering and exiting the property during treatment.
Notify us if you have
• Schools, Family Day Care or child minding facilities next door or near your house.
• Organic gardens, vegetable gardens or edible plants as we will avoid spraying near these areas.
• Fish ponds will need to be covered. Please also notify us if your neighbour has fish ponds and notify
them of our appointment so they can cover their ponds during treatment.
• Animals – most animals are fine to stay during treatment, however, if you are concerned, we
recommend you remove the pets on the day of treatment.
• House-washing – we recommend cleaning within 2 weeks before treatment, or 6 weeks after
treatment. This allows the most effective control and longest lasting treatment.
• Windows – we recommend cleaning windows any time after treatment with glass cleaner or with
brush and squeegee.
• Cob-webbing can be done from 1 week after treatment.
• Kitchen cupboards – if you’re planning to clean out your kitchen cupboards, we recommend thorough
cleaning before treatment to allow the gel to remain longer after treatment.
• Floors should be mopped before treatment or 2 weeks after treatment. This allows better residual
control for longer lasting results.